We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases and following guidelines from these agencies and the local health departments.
For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made through the end of this National Emergency, as mandated by the Governor of New Hampshire. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today through the end of this National Emergency, as mandated by the Governor of New Hampshire, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Our commitment to cleanliness: We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. On a daily basis, our team is working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our inn’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest rooms and common area cleaning procedures. Steps we are taking include…
Associate Health, Safety and Knowledge: Inn associates – and their own health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we’re supporting them…
- HAND HYGIENE: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- ONGOING TRAINING: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, hotel associates are also completing enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- CLEANING PRODUCTS AND PROTOCOLS: Our property uses cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- GUEST ROOMS: Our inn use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- PUBLIC SPACES: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- BACK OF HOUSE: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” hotels are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and staff offices.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
Thank you for observing these guidelines.